1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick rise yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) dices tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1-1/2 teaspoon sugar
1-1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 cup sliced fresh mushroom
1/2 cup chopped green or red pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients and 1 cup all purpose flour. In a small saucepan heat water and oil to 120 degrees to 130 degrees. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
2. Turn onto a floured surface then knead until smooth and elastic which will be about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl and turn once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, bring sauce ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered until slightly thickened about 15-18 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. Preheat over to 400 degrees and punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface divide dough in half and roll each into a 12 inch circle. Place on 2 greased 12 inch pizza pans then prick with a fork. Bake until lightly browned about 8-10 minutes.
5. In a skillet heat oil over medium high heat and saute vegetables until zucchini is crisp tender. Spread crusts with sauce; top with vegetables and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted about 12-15 minutes.
1 slice: 190 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exhanges: 1-1/2 starch , 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 pound chorizo sausage, Chopped (optional)
1/3 pound cooked ham, chopped (optional)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (1 pound) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 large red pepper, diced
2 (14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with juice
1 small hot green chile pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups water
2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained or 1 cup fresh beans soaked overnight
1 mango peeled, seeded and diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, and coo chorizo and ham 2 to 3 minutes if using meat. Place the onion in the pot and cook until tender. Stir in garlic and cook until tender, then mix in the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, tomatoes with juice, chile pepper and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
If using fresh black beans precook black beans in pressure cooker or pot before adding to base.
2. Stir black beans into the pot and cook uncovered until heated through. Mix in the mango and cilantro and season with sea salt.
Running a holiday sale or weekly special? Definitely promote it here to get customers excited about getting a sweet deal.
1-2 red onions or onions of your choice
1 pound of carrots cut in slices
Lay carrots and onions flat on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season lightly with sea salt and olive oil. Roast in oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until tender and enjoy.